Whether it’s your first time to the Farm or you’ve lived through more festival seasons than you can remember, here are our top tips for making the most of Bonnaroo.
1. Don’t forget to eat. With constant walking and standing, you need all the energy you can get.
2. Take a nap. It’s a marathon, not a sprint.
3. Cover your tent with emergency blankets to reflect the sun away in the morning.
4. Bring a lightweight blanket. It gives you a clean place to lounge during the down times, and it’s easy to pack when you’re walking around.
5. The “Jesus Tent” is a good place to get breakfast. There’s free water, fruit, snacks, coffee, and phone chargers.
6. There is no shade at Bonnaroo unless you bring it with you. Shade canopies and sun hats are your friends.
7. Bring canned beer for your campsite, since there’s no glass allowed.
8. Get spray style sunscreen. It’s quicker to apply than lotion, and it gives better coverage, too.
9. Make your own custom flag, then use it to find your way back to your tent.
10. The earlier you get to The Roo, the earlier you can get your campsite set up.
11. When you first get to the festival, establish a good meet-up spot just in case you and your friends get separated.
12. Bring a cheap watch you don’t care about breaking. You can check the time without killing your phone battery.
13. Alcohol wipes are good to pack and help you stay clean on the Farm.
14. Bring twice as much water as you think you’ll need. And then pack a little extra, just in case. It’s hot out there!
15. Pour cold water on you bandana or dip it in cooler melt to stay chill in the heat.
16. Bring cash. You never know when you’ll need it.